Monday, January 16, 2006

Rachel Gibson

Well, here it is, the January review for the book challenge.

Title: Lola Carlyle Reveals All - When ex-supermodel Lola Carlyle learns that some very--ahem--private photos of herself are being peddled on the internet, she hides out where there’s sun and-she thinks-safety, until the gossip dies out. Then the private yacht she’s blissfully napping on is "commandeered" by some man who says his name is Max Zamora, and that he works for the government.
Author: Rachel Gibson
Year Published: 2002
Why did you get this book? I looked for a cute cover by an author who had several books on the shelf, that way if I liked, I could read more books by this author.
Do you like the cover? Of Course, the polka dot red bikini and the name Lola Carlyle caught my eye immediately.
Did you enjoy the book? Definately. I like the alpha male kind of guys. Being an alpha female, it is fun to lock horns with them.
Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? I don't think I have read any of Ms. Gibson's books, but I would definately read one again. This book was almost as exciting as a Clancy novel, but a lot steamier.
Are you keeping it or passing it on? Well, since I read it at Hastings, I am passing it on.
Anything else? The only thing I didn't like about the book was the plot with the drug lord wanting to kill the hero, was never resolved.

No comments: